She already has her own rhyme with the green and white supporters.
Now she also has a chance to be praised in the gala “Damallsvenskans best”.
Hammarby rider Emilia Larsson, 23, is one of the three nominees for Svenska Spel’s award for Breakthrough of the Year.
– Oh, what fun. It is a great honor to be nominated, says Larsson.
Last year, the then Kif Örebro midfielder Emma Östlund (now in Eskilstuna) won Svenska Spel’s award for “Breakthrough of the Year” in the OBOS damallsvenskan. An award that goes to a young player who really got a breakthrough on the damallsvenska scene during the past season.
Among the nominees for the award this year, both Kif Örebro and Eskilstuna are actually represented, as both left-back star shot Anna Sandberg (Kif Örebro) and midfielder Felicia Saving (Eskilstuna United) are among the nominees for the award.
The third candidate is named Emilia Larsson.
– Oh, what fun. But … what fun! says a noticeably happy Hammarby star when Sportbladet calls to tell the news.
– It is a receipt that I did something good this year in my first year in damallsvenskan. It is a great honor to be nominated. Very funny.
“A good first year I would say”
The justification for the 23-year-old Östgötland nomination for the prize is as follows:
We already knew that she could scoop goals into the Elite. We also know now that she can score points in the Allsvenskan. With technical brilliance, a tireless drive and a winning skull like few, she has given Hammarby fans many reasons to sing her name during the newcomer season on Kanalplan ”
With the result in hand, has the step up to damallsvenskan been smaller than you had thought in advance?
– I really do not think so. It’s a better football that is played right through the entire series. Better players individually and as a team. Then I gained a lot of trust. Got the trust from my teammates and coaches. That makes it easier, says Larsson.
Would you call your season a breakthrough season?
– Haha, I do not know. A good first year I would say.
Has its own Emilia rhyme
In total, there have been seven Damallsvenska goals for Larsson during Hammarby’s newcomer season in the top series.
When she gets a look back at the season’s individual highlights, however, it is a match before the series premiere that is closest at hand.
– That is probably my hat trick in the Swedish cup. An important match for me to get before the season that made me enter the season with a good feeling and a good self-confidence.
Something that also gave her a good feeling during the season is the fans, who even have their own rhyme dedicated to Emilia Larsson.
– It’s huge of course. Getting the honor of having your own rhyme does not really make it worse. They stand there and support us and raise us.
Sportbladet – Allsvenskan
Subscribe to our newsletter about the Allsvenskan – chronicles, reports, interviews, reviews and rankings.
We would love to thank the writer of this short article for this incredible material
Hammarby’s Emilia Larsson can win “Breakthrough of the Year”